Located in the north-east of Scotland, Grampian offers something for everyone. Castles Over 30 castles open to the public across Grampian Tolbooth Museum in Aberdeen is one of the best preserved 17th Century prison Read More Transport Links Aberdeen Airport Train links directly to Edinburgh, Glasgow and London Read More Skiing Mother Nature dealt the Read More ...
Located in the north-east of Scotland, Grampian offers something for everyone.
- Over 30 castles open to the public across Grampian
- Tolbooth Museum in Aberdeen is one of the best preserved 17th Century prison
- Aberdeen Airport
- Train links directly to Edinburgh, Glasgow and London
- Mother Nature dealt the Cairngorms a hand full of aces. That’s not fair, but that’s how it is. Five of the UK’s six highest mountains lie inside the park, and there are 55 Munros – mountains over 3,000 ft.
- Grampian has a vast array of golf course to suit everyone.
- Cycling in Aberdeenshire is a healthy and enjoyable way of experiencing the area.
- Learn to surf on one of the many beautiful beaches in and around Aberdeen.
- Whether you’re a shopaholic who follows the latest trends or just have a nose for a bargain, Aberdeen has a wealth of shopping plazas waiting to be explored, with some of the biggest designer and high street names.
- Aberdeenshire has a stunning coastline with vast, spectacular sandy beaches and picturesque fishing villages. Inland is fertile, peaceful farmland rising to the moors and finally the foothills of the Cairngorms. It’s beating heart is the thriving city of Aberdeen.
- Within an hour’s drive from Aberdeen, there are a number of small and intimate distilleries that are less well known than their cousins over the hill. We call these the Secret Malts of Aberdeenshire.
- From the music and drama of the theatre to the exciting art exhibitions on display, Aberdeen and Aberdeenshire are never short of things to do.